Monday, September 5, 2011

05/09/11

Today we looked at stages of group development and the Cogs’ and Tuckman model. We also looked at leadership styles. I was a little annoyed that I had forgotten to do the quiz that told me what kind of leader we were as Graeme referred to this in class. I quite liked the cote Graeme gave “not everything old is necessarily bad, and not everything new is necessarily good”. This is a valid point! I like Graeme’s style of teaching or interaction and his underlying theories. He makes eye contact and is very observant and makes sure everyone gets a say or is able to say something.

It was good to have presentations today. I really enjoyed them and now have a better understanding of how to structure my problem and scenario. I really enjoyed Hannah’s problem, very intense situation but some valuable learning. I think our group functions really well together. Still a little insure about our scoring method and I wasn’t too great with the time taking, felt pretty bad about that. Look forward to more discussions next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment